Introduction to IIoT Seminar: July 19, Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm
The Industry 4.0 era is here.
The pace of data-driven transformation in manufacturing operations is ramping up.The more efficient you are at using data, the more opportunity you have for improved performance, quality, productivity and profitability. That's why moving forward to take advantage of IoT sensors, predictive analytics, and other capabilities and technologies today is imperative.
If you think you can't afford to make these changes, find out how Axis NY along with our MOXA solutions partners can show you how.
- Ethernet Switches: When to use a Managed switch. Basics of MAC IDs vs. IP addressing. A practical introduction to the OSI model.
- Troubleshooting techniques for Ethernet using built in and third party tools such as Wireshark.
- Switch Architectures and redundancy. Using RSTP Rapid Spanning Tree. Specific Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain protocol implementation to provide maximum uptime.
- SNMP (Simple network management protocol) to monitor the health of a network. Using SCADA and HMI to monitor a network and individual switch status.
- 802.11 A/B/G/N Wireless networks. How to configure clients and bridges. The difference in channels, speed, and distance using 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- Using VLANS to segregate networks.
- Fiber Overview – When to use Multimode vs. Singlemode fiber. What are SFP modules. Connector types commonly used with switches.
- What is a Port in Ethernet networking and why is it important for security.
- Remote Ethernet I/O
- The difference between a Layer III switch and a router.
- Implementing NATs and port forwarding to bridge different subnets within a facility.
- Firewall rules for internal networks and connections to the outside world.
- Basic IIoT connectivity using MQTT.
- Examples of Moxa Industrial Computers communicating with AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Working on IIoT applications without the cloud and creating a “sandbox" environment for testing.
- Remote connectivity to customer sites using MRC Gateways and AWS Cloud software examples.
- Creating custom profiles for remote connectivity and licensing rules.
Seminar Cost: FREE
Includes Lunch and Refreshments.
Register Me for this Seminar